A tasty meal, prepped and ready to eat in less than 25 minutes? Sold!
I borrowed this recipe from PaleOMG a while ago and it has been favourite, go-to, post-evening WOD meal ever since (the photo is also borrowed from PaleOMG – my food photography sucks). It can be thrown together quickly, looks pretty if you need to cook it for anyone else, and also makes great leftovers!
Serve with baked sweet potato and some leafy greens.
2 thick-cut pork chops
2 packages of blackberries
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon dried thyme
– Put the blackberries, balsamic and water into a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes (stir regularly)
– Meanwhile, mix the thyme, cinnamon and a pinch of salt together in a small bowl and rub the mixture into both sides of your pork chops
– By the time you finish that, your blackberry glaze should be about ready. Brush both chops with the glaze twice or until they are well-soaked. You should have about half of the sauce left. Set the remaining sauce and blackberries on very low heat to keep warm until the pork is cooked
– Then, warm some oil in a thick pan and start cooking your chops until there is no pink left in the middle. I like to carry on brushing the chops with the glaze during cooking as well, as it keeps them from drying out
– Once the pork is cooked through, take out of the pan, plate up and pour the reserved glaze and blackberries over top
– Tuck in!
(Word to the wise – I typically make extra sauce to save for putting on salmon. Turns it a weird colour, but who cares, it’s wicked tasty!)
Workout of the Day:
CrossFit Endurance Workout of the Day:
2 x 1 mile with 5 min rest between