“Imagine a life where you are completely in control of how everything goes for you in your health and your fitness. One not controlled by outside circumstances, but guided by your commitment to being the best and healthiest you that you can be. What if you could have that, not by forcing unworkable schedules or unsustainable practices but by getting trained in creating space and awareness, mastering your environment and its opportunities, and standing for nothing less than the results you want?”
The Whole Life Challenge is a worldwide challenge which will be undertaken by Crossfitters and Crossfit gyms around the globe! It begins Saturday September 15th and lasts for 8 weeks until Sunday November 10th.
The purpose of The Whole Life Challenge is to see what sort of impact you can have on your body, your fitness and your lifestyle habits over the course of 8 weeks, and to train in having a health and fitness practice that is practical and sustainable for the long term. There are three categories that make up the criteria for the challenge:
- Performance - How much can you improve in a workout (faster time, more reps, better score)? You will do a baseline on day 1 and repeat it at the end of the challenge.
- Body - How many inches can you lose off of your body (based on circumferential measurements)? This challenge is about changing your body for the better, we want to be able to see the impact the challenge has and see just how much your hard work has paid off!
- Lifestyle & Accountability - How consistent can you be over 56 days in maintaining healthy habits and being accountable for your results in your daily life? This is a chance to change the bad habits and develop some great habits which can keep you on track after the challenge ends.
What does $45/£30 get you? All participants in the challenge will receive:
- Access to the Whole Life Challenge Worldwide Scoreboard.
- Pre-game huddle — a meet-up created by your box to cover the basics of how to set yourself up: preparing your home and kitchen, shopping, preparing food, and strategies.
- Access to the WorldWide community and forums to see what thousands of other people just like you are experiencing, learning, and discovering every day.
- Access to The Whole Life Challenge blog with support, tips and recipes as well as an opportunity to communicate with coaches and other participants on a daily basis.
- Online profile to record and track before and after photos along with other vital health statistics.
- …The opportunity to change your life for the better!
Workout of the day
A: Push Press
5 sets of 3 reps
B: EMOM (Each Minute, On the Minute) for 8 minutes:
5 Push press (heaviest possible)
5 Jumping squats