Title: Brie, Tomato and Basil Stuffed Chicken (Serves 1)
Based on average nutritional values of ingredients. Actual values will vary.
Brie, tomato and basil stuffed chicken … melted cheese goodness is always a winner!! The lean protein of the chicken balances the high fat content of the cheese.
Protein is one of the fundamental building blocks of our bodies, particularly important for the repair and growth of our muscles post training. Our bodies cannot store protein, which means that if we don’t use it to build tissue after ingestion (for example because we take in more than we can use at any one point in time) we convert it to other things in our body, such as carbohydrates and fats. This means that to ensure we have a ready supply of the essential amino acids to build muscle and other tissue, we must eat protein regularly at each meal.
Serve with a side of greens or on a bed of lettuce. And with a side of complex carbs to increase your intake of these to maintain or restore your glycogen stores – roasted sweet potato is my personal fave with this dish!
• 5 mins prep
• 25-30 mins cooking time
• 175g chicken breast, skinless
• 30g brie
• 2-3 fresh basil leaves
• ½ tomato, sliced
• Sea salt
• Slice the chicken breast almost completely in half lengthways and open up like a book!
• Lay the brie, basil and tomato across the middle and then ‘close’ the chicken breast.
• Sprinkle with sea salt and then wrap in kitchen foil.
• Bake in a preheated 180 degrees oven for 25 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is bubbling – open the kitchen foil after 15 mins to allow the top of the chicken to brown.
Variations to consider:
• If you want to up your red meat intake, for example to increase your intake of iron, switch the chicken for a thin beef steak and either fold or toll the steak around the brie, tomato and basil!
• If you aren’t a fan of brie, switch out for your favourite cheese!
• Or for a lower fat option, leave out the cheese entirely – chicken, tomato and basil remains a great flavour combo!
A) Build a heavy snatch for the day
B) Snatch Pulls
3 x 2@100%
1 x 3@75%
1 x 2@80%
2 x 1@85-90%
3 x 30secs
3 x 5-10
A)Build to a heavy single clean and jerk
3 x 2@100%
C)Bent over Rows
3 x 6-8@RPE8-9
3 x 5-10