As of this Monday (3rd October 2011) we have introduced a core course that all new joiners to Thames Crossfit are required to attend. It is called ‘The Foundations Course’.
Aims of the Foundations Course:
- Designed to give those who are new to Crossfit a solid introduction to the basic movements, techniques and mechanics of the fundamental movements used in Crossfit.
- Develop the students knowledge of what exactly Crossfit is and the theory behind the methodology.
- Build up the students base level of fitness in a safe and progressive way so they can reap the benefits of our training program.
- Prepare the students to confidently enter ongoing group sessions and participate in a safe and effective manner.
What the Foundations Course involves:
- Introduction to the gym environment and use of equipment.
- Teaching on the technical aspects of the fundamental movements of Crossfit.
- Teaching students how to properly warm-up and mobilse areas of restriction in relation to movement.
- Give students experience of different forms of Crossfit workouts and understanding of related terminology.
- A typical session involves warm-up & mobility, in-depth technique on movements of the day, a progressive strength component and of course a Crossfit workout at the end.
Foundations Course details
- Each course is 6 sessions long over a 2 week period.
- Sessions are 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday at 7:30pm) and students are expected to attend all sessions.
- At the end of the course students must demonstrate they can perform the movements and exercises to the required standards before graduating.
We hope some of you decide to take advantage of this opportunity, if you would like to register for the next course please get in touch via email email@example.com. Places on each course are limited to 6 people so move fast before it is booked up!
NB* Missed Foundations classes: If 1 Foundations session is missed then the student must contact the Foundations Coach and organise a brief catch-up session (at no extra cost). If 2 or more sessions are missed the student must book at private 1hour 1-on-1 session with the Coach at a cost of £50 in order to ensure the student has caught up with the syllabus.
Workout of the day
10 Box jumps